Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dreams

Page: 1 of 1
 Lost Welshman
06-09-2003, 5:33 PM
I don't want this thread to be,

'I had a dream where.....

............... what do you think'

Next post:

'Cool! I had a dream where...... ' And so on.

Do you think Dreams have any meaning? or are they just our thoughts as we sleep which we remember as we wake up, thinking somehting actually happened?

If you have any dreams that you think could mean something, feel free to post something. But please try and talk about the dream everyone else.
 ET Warrior
06-10-2003, 3:21 AM
I dont believe that dreams mean anything, other than that in all truth, our minds are full of CRAZY WEIRD thoughts, that can run free when we lose control of our thoughts.
 Homuncul
06-10-2003, 3:30 AM
I can start multiverse from that:D
 Kain
06-10-2003, 2:14 PM
Sometimes dreams can be a link into a human's sixth sense(i.e, clairavoyance and clairisitance), causes deja vu and other feelings of the sort. They could also be your mind trying to figure out a problem that your conscience mind cannot. The unconscience mind does more thinking than any conscience mind does, and in less time. Of couse, they could also be a derranged look into ones own mind, causing nightmares, or worse, pink bunnies:eek: .
 ET Warrior
06-10-2003, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by Homuncul
I can start multiverse from that:D

You can start multiverse from anything. I'm not impresed :p
 Homuncul
06-11-2003, 3:48 AM
I can assume sixth sense to be a multiverse connecion, then all's explained physically simple (well... the process itself is complex of course):D
 FunClown
06-11-2003, 10:13 AM
I think most dreams are just our inaginations and stuff. However, I have had dreams with an uncanny resemblence to reality, both in a literal and a figurative way.

I had a dream one night where I was in the service station where my brother worked. He was meant to go back that night however, he had his wisdom teeth out and was still not well enough.

So I saw inside the service station and there was a lot of comotion. Its like in a movie where there is a lot happening at once and you sought of see snapshots and the camera moving fast. Anyway, so after the comotion, I saw all this writing of blood on the clear glass. I can't remember what the writing said but for the last word. I was then shown a close up of the last few words, only this time it was still made of blood but on these large white painted bricks. Only the last word I could remember, the word was 'why'.

I kept thinking about this for a few years. Then one English class, the subject of heroin came up from a poem. My teacher then started telling the class of this guy she taught who she thought was going places. He was smart, charismatic and good at sports. However, he became involved with the wrong people. He drove in a car with these guys and was involved in a crash. Everyone died instantly, but he only had a few minor scratches. So my teacher thought he must have some purpose in life.

However, his parents took him out of school in grade 11 and again he started becoming involved with the wrong people. He started doing drugs (ie heroin). He began robbing places. My teacher said, "The one thing I just don't know is why".

It was then, thinking about that dream I put up my hand and said, "was one of those service stations the one at ...". She said yes. So she came over and told me all about him. Perhaps, by saying the things she told me about him, I was finally able to know what the writing on the glass and wall said.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention was that the weapon used in the roberry was a seringe full of blood. Could be related to the writing and/or his life or his weapon.

Also, my older brother and nanna both had a dream about this incident. None of them actually know I had this dream since I don't really share this stuff to people I know. (Psycho???)

Recently, I had another dream where I was looking into my wallet and I had one less twenty in it then what I thougt. I thought I had 2 twenties, but in my dream I had only 1.

That morning, I opened my wallet and a note fell out. It was written by my dad and it said he had borrowed twenty dollars. My dream had come true I had one less twenty in my wallet.
 Arkum
06-12-2003, 3:55 AM
my dreams are messed up cause some of them are like stuff that actually happens to me exactly how it was in my dream. i can have a dream and then that dream actually happening before my eyes 6 months later. this then leads to deja vu for some reason. someething happens again like 2 years later or something to that effect. maybe dreams are when your spirit leaves the bodyand visits other ones? who knows? that's all i think. its sometimes wierd when you can actually FEEL somethign happen to you in a dream and feel it on your body. what i mean by this is that you're falling in a dream but your body actually feels like its falling for real. one time in a dream i was shot in the leg for some reason i cant remember, but iactually felt that pain and numbness of the shot. dreams are wierd like that. the only thing i hate is when you wake up with a cramp in your leg in the middle of the night and it hurts like sh*T. ;)
 Shotokan
06-12-2003, 7:53 AM
I wish there was such thing as a multiverse... Then I can be the ONE!
 El Sitherino
06-12-2003, 2:51 PM
in my dream (i always have the same dream)everyone i care for is slaughtered in front of me slowly torn apart by machines of torture. the muscle tissue tearing.
i hear it constantly, the sound of the bones snapping. they seem so real in my dreams. the cries of pain from them, and i can't do anything to stop it.
in my dreams when im cut i wake up with red marks in the place i was cut in the dream.in my dreams when i get hit i find bruises on me where i was hit (usually in the chest and arms)
so i can only sit and watch them being slowly torn into peices lasting for hours not dying until their brain is finally burnt the charring bodies of my little cousins the cries of the girl
i love being ripped apart and being skinned and in my dream i go through life ignored abandoned, all alonenoone caring for me showing no interest in my existence.

my dreams appear just as real as what im experiencing right now.
i can taste the death and stench of the corpses. i can smell them as though they were real.

my dreams torment me all day, never ceasing to tear away at me.

i wake up every morning sweaty and bruised.

but the other day for the first time since i was 11 i had a nice dream. i dreamed that i married the girl i am currently in a relationship with.
 Shotokan
06-13-2003, 12:19 AM
Whoa sith... Hehe never had any dreams like that before. Hey do you know if it's true that if you fall off a cliff and hit the bottom and don't wake up, you go into a coma? A friend told me that but I don't TRULY believe him...
 Joetheeskimo
06-17-2003, 7:36 AM
Well according to the Bible, during the old days God would send visions, or dreams, to certain people, usually as a sign. Sometimes I think my dreams are a sign or warning, other times they're just all my different thoughts pieced together.

I once had a dream that my friend turned into a killer robot...that scared me so much I woke up in cold sweat. :eek:
 Homuncul
06-18-2003, 9:53 AM
I had a dream about 4 years ago and it was really scary. In it some aliens invaded my school and somehow knew they have murdered most of my mates. It was misleading because how could I possibly know that. I walked empty dark corridors of my school and everytime I was closing some room where an alien was (i thought) some spider sense was telling me what kind of alien is there how many people he had consumed and was now digesting. I walked past the room where I knew my classmates were sitting frightened to fdeath. Terrible was that I didn't feel the neccesity at all to save them, I was more frightened with the question if they're gonna kill me mistaking me for an alien if I come in. I was scared to the point when I came to my drawing class with closed door and realised that my mother's in their (she came to the class meeting to chat with other moms I knew were already dead ) and in the very moment this bastard was killing and consuming her...

I waked up from my own scream, al in sweat. A nasty dream, perhaps I'm not quite normal person after all :band:

And the thing I was struck lately is that those aliens looked exactly like those wormy like aliens in "Dreamcatcher" movie. It might be that I saw the future. A couple of years ago I would've refuted with no consideration, but now I would think it to be at least half true...
 Kstar__2
06-19-2003, 7:35 AM
i haven't had a dream for over 2 months, but yesterday i read a story a friend of mine made, and i dreamed again. i think dreaming is sort of like, progressing what has happened to you in that day, it can also form a deja vu (happened to me ALOT)

also, as someone else said, dreams come from the unconscience mind, and by dreaming, you may find out what problem your conscience mind has.
 Homuncul
06-19-2003, 7:59 AM
No, I remebered this dream to be 4 years ago and I remember discussing it after. Coincidence maybe?

Yeah, and found my problem: killing and consuming people is my nature, maybe I should change my menu from now on. :evanpiel:
 __CKY__
06-22-2003, 10:16 PM
I had a dream a week ago I took a chainsaw and started killing people in a store it was weird...Then I wokeup and i was like Whoa.
 RoguePhotonic
06-30-2003, 1:00 AM
I don't know what anyone else has said but dreams are fantasy's and since you are asleep that fantasy is reality....if you close your eye's and picture something same thing as dreaming..only awake...

I think it would be cool if you could stay asleep for like 2 years and just dream...would be like living another life...
 Homuncul
06-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Sure, Another Matrix! It sucks, I think :mad:

It's like running from reality. I sleep 5 hours a day, feel comfortable about it. My point is: "Sleep when you die"
 RoguePhotonic
07-01-2003, 7:18 AM
But you don't dream when your dead lol....I just think it would be kinda cool...living out a life in a dream...never knowing about the one you had before you did this...then waking up and being all freaked out lol...not knowing who you are:D
 Homuncul
07-01-2003, 9:37 AM
Isn't it what happens each time you wake up in the morning?

Stop reading too much sci-fi and go to work :D
 RoguePhotonic
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
I don't read sci-fi.....

And yeah sorta...many times I have woke up and been like :( ...was sad to wake up..liked the dream life better...
 Jah Warrior
07-02-2003, 4:48 PM
I've had dreams that came true so i KNOW they can have menaing.

get a dream dictionary and try it.
 SkinWalker
07-03-2003, 2:34 AM
Jah, I usually agree with most of your views, but I personally don't believe much in any of the parapsychology hocus pocus...

There seems to be little evidence that points to anything more than some serious unconscious neural activity that is doing work that the conscious mind is not capable or willing to do.

I recently read of a study where a blind man was able to pinpoint the location of a white dot at a different location on a computer screen 99% of the time. It wasn't due to anything as grand as ESP, but rather an alternate neural pathway that bypassed the one that his conscious mind used for visual stimula. The brain still saw it, but at an unconsious level.

I think dreams are rather like this. We are pattern seeking beings and are able to extract abstract ideas from many sources.. our unconscious mind continues working on the "puzzles of the day" and consequently, when we predict an outcome, we see it as some bit of magic, when it really is logical.

I guess I ended up agreeing with you after all... just for different reasons :cool: The neural "magic" of the brain is, indeed, interesting.
 Jah Warrior
07-03-2003, 10:20 AM
i agree, i'm a bit of a sceptic at heart and when i checked out my dream in this dictionary i was only doing it to please my girlfriend of the time. Much to my horror the dream came true, it was more like a preminission (sp? LOL) Ive only checked my dreams out once but this episode convinced me that there is a lot more to it than is in my understanding or anyone elses for that matter. I would never totally discount a dream.
 Captain Wilson
07-26-2003, 12:51 AM
i think its sort of another sort of being not bound by rules...in a dream we can make rules and break rules, rules such as gravity, motion, fore seeing ect. Alot of the time we do not remeber our dreams, this could be because your brains cannot compute the rules it know to be true as wrong. either that or its the brain simply processing data it has gathered in the prevoius day :p
 Homuncul
07-28-2003, 5:22 AM
i think its sort of another sort of being not bound by rules...in a dream we can make rules and break rules, rules such as gravity, motion, fore seeing ect. Alot of the time we do not remeber our dreams, this could be because your brains cannot compute the rules it know to be true as wrong. either that or its the brain simply processing data it has gathered in the prevoius day

Our brain can compute much more than our best computers or sought for computers might do in few decades perhaps. It's not whetther brain can or can not compute some rules, most things that today are known bout our brain work, says that it can possibly render any rule it can logically imagine. I think the matter that is here more relevant is the preference of our brain to some strict visions due to his life experience. We don't remember our dreams not because it can not compute something, principally it can compute anything, but that it's a guard mechanism of his.

Some tests were made with people being asleeep. They were registrated while having a dream, then right after that they were woken and asked to remember their dreams. They REMEMBERED their dreams in details. Then some of them were woken up 15 minutes after they were monitored to have dream, and they could remeber just abstract forms, some ideas of their dreams. After 15 minutes they could hardly remember them having a dream at all.
Page: 1 of 1