Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NEW preview

Page: 1 of 1
 Swat
06-09-2003, 5:15 AM
Here (http://www.gamers.com/game/1346441)

Nothing really new, but said something about this:

we saw a number of areas on Tatooine, including a trip inside a Jawa sand crawler
 HertogJan
06-09-2003, 6:48 AM
Hmmm a sand crawler?? Those big vehicles you mean right?? Doesn't sound too exciting to me ;)

But thx for the info :D
 PrimoSidone
06-09-2003, 7:13 AM
thnx for the info mate
 StormHammer
06-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Swat. I was beginning to wonder if we'd be able to walk around inside that Sand Crawler. One thing I always wanted to do in JK was get inside an AT-AT walker and just look around, so I'm glad we'll be able to explore large vehicles this time around. :thumbsup:

As for the rest of the article, it seems to be mostly the same old stuff, but they do confirm being able to use the saber in combination with different Force powers. And they've reiterated the enhanced models and level design, so I think they're trying to stress that the engine has moved on quite a bit since JO.
 taekwondo joe
06-09-2003, 2:44 PM
yes i get to go inside of a sand crawler, YES!!!!!!!!!!
 HertogJan
06-09-2003, 4:08 PM
BTW, do the JK2:JO models really consist of 10,000 polygons?? I'd say it's more like 1000 :S
 Emon
06-09-2003, 9:13 PM
10,000? For player models? Where'd you hear that? Most of them are anywhere from 2,000 to 3,500 thousand polygons each.
 GonkH8er
06-10-2003, 2:36 AM
Let's hope there's some gonks in that sandcrawler.... :D
 Wacky_Baccy
06-10-2003, 4:17 AM
I just knew you'd say something like that, Gonk :p :D

Thanks for the heads-up, Swat - it's little bits of info like this that keep me from running of into the sunset with Rhett and his Elves :)

*goes off to ponder what exploring inside a Sandcrawler might be like...*
 HertogJan
06-10-2003, 5:43 AM
Originally posted by Emon
10,000? For player models? Where'd you hear that?

In this article :D

In the Tatooine level, "All the rock structures look smoother and more natural. There's a much higher level of detail." Eyeballing it up close, we're inclined to agree. The average character in JK2 consisted of 10,000 polygons; this time around, that figure's been doubled.

So in JA it's 20,000??? Pffff :rolleyes:
 toms
06-10-2003, 2:18 PM
i think there might be one to many zeros in there somewhere....:D

i like those new screenshots (although i expect they are only new to me), especially the hoth and tatooine crash ones.

The 1st one with the snow creature looks odd though.

the sandcrawler is something we were asking for ages ago, and sounds really cool.

Im still a bit worried about this Rancor level though, sounds like one of those levels where you fail if all the prisoners die. I hate levels where it just suddenly says "you have failed". You should get rewards based on how many you save, but if they all die then fine... but don't make me restart the level if i don't want to.
 HertogJan
06-11-2003, 6:17 AM
Originally posted by toms
Im still a bit worried about this Rancor level though, sounds like one of those levels where you fail if all the prisoners die. I hate levels where it just suddenly says "you have failed". You should get rewards based on how many you save, but if they all die then fine... but don't make me restart the level if i don't want to.

I agree, especially if the AI of those ppl you have to protect is bad :( But in this mission, whats the point in NOT rescuing prisoners. You should be required to save at leats a couple of them :D

Oh and I think that maybe to save the prisoners, you only have to kill the rancor and the guards and they'll be safe for then. In JO I didn't have any problems with saving the prisoners either, so I think Raven will be able to work it out!
Page: 1 of 1