Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how will smuggling work?

Page: 1 of 1
 Pr1mo
06-08-2003, 3:43 PM
i was concidering becoming a smuggler, but i was wondering how they will implement smuggling into the game without the space expansion yet? what will we smuggle just small things past some police or something?
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-08-2003, 6:46 PM
A smuggler has the ability to take illegal objects past police and such. The SE will only make this job cooler. Pre SE Smuggling will be very fun as well.
 Dathan Surehand
06-08-2003, 9:33 PM
Initially no one will have neither the talent nor the credits to try anything in space anyway.

Undoubtably we will have to find out a planet that has certain illegal items and smuggle them past the proper authorities.
 setsuko
06-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Smugglers gets several advantages when it comes to making money.

Firstly, they get skills like lockpicking, giving them access to loot that others won't be able to grasp.

Secondly, they can access smuggling missions. These includes getting item X from point A to B etc. These will appearantly give you more money than the usual "carry item" missions, most propably because you'll have to maintain a fair share of subterfuge to achieve them.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Smuggling missions sound very fun to me, i might become a novice smuggler just to earn some side money. :)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah like you'll be smuggling a crate full of weaponry from an imperial fort/dungeon. just as an exsample...
and I bet they'll have a set of skills in there where the more adavanced you are the longer you are invisable.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-08-2003, 11:31 PM
I think being invisible will be under the camoflauge under the Scout Tree. ;)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
yeah but then get's better when you become a smuggler.
 Dathan Surehand
06-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Thats where your "profession" will get interesting.

Combining smuggler with some scout and maybe a little brawler and you got yourself a psuedo spy. :cool:
 Jatari Bazrak
06-10-2003, 2:15 AM
and that's most likly what rebel Bothans will want to become theareticly.
But if Iwas was a bothan spy I would choose marksman
 Lord_Vessen
06-10-2003, 3:31 AM
Smuggling will be cool in-game. I bet The Hutts will have some work for you...
 Dathan Surehand
06-12-2003, 1:32 AM
Yeh, if you establish yourself well enough, and keep nuetral, when the Hutt faction arrives you will be in position to rake in the credi-dough.:D
 StarCords
06-12-2003, 11:11 PM
I thought the Hutt faction was out. ;)
 Jackrabbit
06-12-2003, 11:15 PM
They're not in at release, but they might put them in later.
 StarCords
06-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Ok, thanks JR.
 Lord_Vessen
06-12-2003, 11:38 PM
I might try to do alot of missions for The Hutts. Get criminal power...
 Pr1mo
06-13-2003, 12:55 AM
you =a= guys have these forums on lockdown. seems like 90% of posts are from you
 Jatari Bazrak
06-13-2003, 1:11 AM
well hey we just post like evrybody else does.:D
 Jan Gaarni
06-13-2003, 3:59 AM
Well, the =A= started because of this forum.
It was for the forum goers here. ;)
 setsuko
06-13-2003, 7:57 AM
Yes. It's not like the =A= took over the forums, rather that the forums created the =A=. But yes, it gets a bit homogeneous at times. We'll see how it evolves after the release.
 Dathan Surehand
06-13-2003, 2:35 PM
I've looked @ some of the other board out there, and there aren't many like this one. The official board may have many more posts, but this is more like family.

I want to smuggle people. Not snuggle, smuggle. You know those who have good bounties on their heads' and need a safe-house type ride to another planet.

Could be cool.

:)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-13-2003, 3:19 PM
yeah but then I track you down and take my reward.:cool:
 Dathan Surehand
06-13-2003, 3:33 PM
Jatari,

If the bounty is on the dude I'm transporting's head, then you can't attack me or my ship.

If I choose to protect him when we reach the spaceport of destination then you get to whack me.

If I am not declared you are SOL. You may attack my customer, which reminds to get all of them to agree to a "Dathan is not resposible once we arrive at said spaceport" clause.

It could be fun, you chasing me all over the stinkin galaxy. And on a professional level, where, even though WE are not enemies, what I do is profitable to you and what you do makes my job more profitable

Kind of like a symbiotic living arrangement.

:p
 ShadowGecko
06-15-2003, 8:22 AM
Dathan,

double post.

:p
 Jatari Bazrak
06-15-2003, 8:51 AM
yeah that's a double post.

but anyway I would now where your headed but hopefully you'll have to land sometime. and yes I would attack your passenger and if I attacked you on purpose then Iwould be banished from that place until you forgave me. but I wonder what it will be like in space. will it be different mabye. and besides I could use the search manual like it shows in the picture. and search my bountys name even if he wasn't on my planet then I would go after him when you land and I could even add him to my buddy list and know when he is off-line or on-line.

and here's the picture. (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/05_03/0305_swg_search.jpg)
 Dathan Surehand
06-15-2003, 6:40 PM
That's my first double post. Not bad for being here three months now.

and besides I could use the search manual like it shows in the picture. and search my bountys name even if he wasn't on my planet then I would go after him when you land and I could even add him to my buddy list and know when he is off-line or on-line

Yes, very possible. But maybe just like these boards you can be invisible to others, and roam the galaxy without the fear that some BH will go out of character and search for them using the players on line menu thingy.

You should rely on your real talents my great friend, Jatari.
:)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-15-2003, 10:09 PM
What real talents I'm a failure, I'm a loser.:rolleyes:
well anyway yes I will get my bounty oneway or another.
 ShadowGecko
06-19-2003, 8:14 AM
who needs real talents when you can DRAW!
 Dathan Surehand
06-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Jatari,

I think we very well could have an interesting relationship in the game.

I am really chewing on the idea of being (among other things) a safe house type smuggler. Transporting people with bounties on thier heads..... Interesting thought is that you very well could be trying to wack one of my employers.

Not only that but imagine I get a pm in-game that someone needs my services, I go to pick him and theres Jatari, who beat me to him.:p
 XBebop
06-20-2003, 3:57 PM
Dathan, the only prob with that is that u'd have a lot more BH's on ur Azz :p
 Jan Gaarni
06-20-2003, 4:41 PM
So, you're a smuggler, ey, Dathan?
Heh, that puts you in my group. :D
 Deft Aklin
06-20-2003, 5:58 PM
Okay, first of all, =A= isn't that all powerful, my DS members are still here, just they don't proclaim themselves so they can still be useful in espionage. Ooops, did I say that out loud?

On another note, it might interest you all to know a few of the Smuggler skills.

Slicing is one. Some loot in the game comes in locked containers, only smugglers can open these.

Weapon buffs is another. Smugglers can buff weapons to do more damage than they normally would.

Spice? Uh-oh, they put it in the game, but chefsa don't make it, smugglers do. Spice offers stat buffs, but at a high cost. If you use spice, your stats will be buffed through the roof, but the crash at the end might deter you from using them. SPice lasts about ten minutes with about as much downtime. So say one kind of spice added 100 to your health pool for ten minutes, the following ten minutes your health pool would be lowered by 100.
 Sunshine Badass
06-20-2003, 6:46 PM
I would love to see some character walk casually into town after using spice buffs in a difficult encounter, have 99 health left or so, and have the ten minutes run out.

For no apparent reason, he just collapses in the middle of the street, incapacitated.:D :D :D
 Jan Gaarni
06-20-2003, 6:46 PM
So say one kind of spice added 100 to your health pool for ten minutes, the following ten minutes your health pool would be lowered by 100.
Kinda the same way the effect of coffee gives you. :)
 Donnie Darko
06-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Or cocain!

...sorry.
 Jackrabbit
06-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I've only got one thing to say...

Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas :D.
 Lord_Vessen
06-21-2003, 4:01 PM
=A= not that powerful? hhhhmmmm, I'll have to look into that.:D Anyway to bad there isn't a spy or an assasin profession. Scout could be the basic one going into spy or assasin.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-21-2003, 4:25 PM
yeah then you would need brawler and a rifle sp. in marksman.
 ickhor
06-26-2003, 2:25 AM
Lol, Dathan and Jatari should have an underhanded alliance and not tell anyone. That way Dathan can smuggle people to "safety" and the tell Jatari where theyre going so he can be waiting there when they land, then they can split the bounty money :D . Of course Dathan has to make it look like an accident.

Could make tons of money that way.

BTW first post, hi everyone.
Page: 1 of 1