Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

release dates

Page: 1 of 1
 ollyhills
06-04-2003, 7:27 PM
does n e 1 here know when jk3 is scheduled 2 b released?????

+ have we finally come 2 a decision about the bad dude? the concept of baby desanns dosent sound 2 imaginative.
 Wacky_Baccy
06-04-2003, 7:49 PM
The release date is currently slated for the third quarter of this year (Autumn/Fall), and I think I saw September mentioned briefly somewhere...

Kenn Hoekstra, Raven's head man, said a week or two ago that we ought to be playing it in less than six months, and hinted at considerably less, so we might see it by September, or if we're unlucky it might be Christmas before we get our paws on it - nobody really knows at the moment :)

As for the "bad dude"... What makes you think it's going to be a guy? :D

Seriously though, we know next to nothing about the antagonists that will be appearing in JA, except for the fact that there seem to be a lot of them wielding sabres and using the Force again, as in JK2... Nothing at all is known [publicly] about who or what the big bad guy is going to be, but I somehow doubt we'll be seeing anything quite like Desann again ;)
 StormHammer
06-04-2003, 8:19 PM
:wstupid:

Wacky's right...we don't know the exact date yet. It seems they're on schedule though, so hopefully it will be released around Sept-Oct time...

A lot of games seem to be scheduled for September though...including Half Life 2...
 Reprehence
06-04-2003, 8:27 PM
A lot of games seem to be scheduled for September though...including Half Life 2...

I hope that doesn't delay it. I remember LucasArts said they were delaying the PC version of KOTOR because they didn't want to release it so close to Galaxies. Of course now it looks like they're going to have 3 games coming out all near the same time - KOTOR, Galaxies, and JA are all slated for q3-q4 release. I only hope they don't screw us by delaying a release again.
 JediBozQ
06-04-2003, 8:48 PM
Whoa. Now I have a hard time choosing what to buy

Maybe its Jedi Academy first, then Knights of the Old Republic and finally Galaxies:)
 boinga1
06-04-2003, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by ollyhills
does n e 1 here know when jk3 is scheduled 2 b released?????

+ have we finally come 2 a decision about the bad dude? the concept of baby desanns dosent sound 2 imaginative.

Please, let's make it clear....use real English whenever possible here, especially when creating a new thread.

Back on topic, this had better come out either before my birthday or a month after it. If it's a week later, I'll be

ANGRY!!
 JaledDur
06-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
Please, let's make it clear....use real English whenever possible here, especially when creating a new thread.

Back on topic, this had better come out either before my birthday or a month after it. If it's a week later, I'll be

ANGRY!!

y wud we wanna do that? Not fun 2 speak right, nub!

:)

Ok. I really hope this game does come out soon, because JO is starting to piss me off to no end.
 Toa Tahu
06-05-2003, 6:39 AM
Patience,my fellow Jedi.JA has been announced,it will be coming our way,sooner or later.So patience,my fellow Jedi.
 lestat chalmers
06-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Are the release dates going to be world wide? As in, in Spring (northern hemisphere - September/October) and fall here (Australia)? I don't want to wait like I am for bloody Galaxies to come out.
 SettingShadow
06-06-2003, 8:08 AM
Originally posted by boinga1

ANGRY!!

Yeah, me too.

My birthday is September 15.
 txa1265
06-06-2003, 9:25 AM
OK, this shaping up to be a busy fall / winter for FPS games. We actually start at the end of June with Elite Force II, then at some point there's Breed and Kreed, then at end August there is Tron 2.0 (I guess you have to be of a certain age to be pumped about this ... the age that saw the movie in the theaters ...), then Half Life 2 at end September, Deus Ex ... November (?), and Doom III (I thought December, but IGN says Oct 3rd?).

Not to mention KOTOR.

So ... it seems that Half-Life is the dominant force in the pack, and if the dates are true, then I think that either September 1st, or ~mid/late October are good times.

Of course ... June 6th sounds pretty good to me as well ... :D

Mike
 Prime
06-06-2003, 12:45 PM
It is coming out in November

Link (http://www.ravengames.com/jediknight3/)
Jedi Academy is currently scheduled for release in November. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the game.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot"
 txa1265
06-06-2003, 1:54 PM
Originally posted by Prime
It is coming out in November

Link (http://www.ravengames.com/jediknight3/)

Perhaps, perhaps ... but have we forgotten this?

It's all true (plus some - there's more to the game than they showed at E3). And you shouldn't have to wait 6 months to see.

From Mike Gummelt in the E3 preview thread. Posted 5/20, which would be ~6 months from the 11/14 'due date'. So maybe it isn't November ...

I'd say it is likely to be out by November.

Mike
 txa1265
06-09-2003, 11:16 AM
...and I just noticed that tothegame had it listed as TBA for US shipment, but Sept 26 for UK. Interesting.
 StormHammer
06-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Again, it's still all speculation at this point. I expect JA to arrive somewhere between September and Christmas. :D

As for other game releases...you're right txa1265. It's going to be going up against some other very strong titles, and I hope that doesn't have a negative impact on the game. I'm aiming to get most of the major releases this year, but I don't have a magic wallet that always stays full. Some games will have to be axed in favour of others.

That may sort itself out anyway, though, because some recent titles I was looking forward to turned out to be not so good. I'm still not overly impressed by the Breed demo, for example, so I may not get that game.

I have more confidence in JA than some others, to be honest, because I know Raven's track record, and apart from aspects of SOF2, I haven't been disappointed playing most of their games.

Anyway, Mace Griffin should be coming out for PC around August/September as well. It's going to be a really busy period...
 Prime
06-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I'd say it is likely to be out by November. Fair enough. I was just posting the information as I understood it.
 FiNLuX
06-12-2003, 2:43 PM
i have asked everyone and looked for an date when Jedi knight: academy is going to get released but havent found and date so i ask you if you know when the jedi knight: academy is going to get realeased?
 Emon
06-12-2003, 2:55 PM
Credible sources tell us sometime in the fall. Most people are assuming somewhere between September and November.
 Swat
06-12-2003, 2:55 PM
As usual, no one really knows other than the developers themselves. Other sources are highly unreliable, especially online sites like Amazon
Page: 1 of 1