Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spam

Page: 1 of 1
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-03-2003, 6:15 PM
What with all this talk of spam, I was wondering;
Does anyone actually like Spam? as in the 'meat' (that's what it's marketed as anyways)

http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/spam.jpg)

Personally I can't stand the stuff, but there ya go.

B.

I know what you're thinking, and obviously you can lock it if you want, but technically, spam is a thread or post without topic or relevance, and this is a topic about spam. And the other spam if you think about it. Therefore is it spam? Now I need a lie down.
 PrimoSidone
06-03-2003, 6:30 PM
we dont have it u english fool
 The Count
06-03-2003, 6:43 PM
Excuse me you b*stard, don't you dare insult England.
 leXX
06-03-2003, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone

Excuse me? I'm English and that is a flame. There was absolutely no need for that. This is a warning, do not flame users of this forum or you will suffer the consequences.
 Bob Gnarly
06-03-2003, 7:12 PM
:rolleyes:
I've had spam before and its not as bad as i thought it would be.
but it has a horrible, horrible, horrible after taste and its more like pressured ground meat.
 The Count
06-03-2003, 7:18 PM
Yeah what LeXX you jibbering nincompoop.

That's as bad as Primo's post. Come on, don't make this worst - Darklighter
 Hekx
06-03-2003, 7:24 PM
I don't like spam.
*Sings the Spam Song*
:D
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-03-2003, 7:32 PM
Erm, I don't want to stick up for flaming, but technically it wasn't a flame.

"We don't have it you English Fool" is actually an option on the poll. Obviously it was meant in a light-hearted way. What with me being English and that.

Sorry if I've inadvertantly started a fight :(

Anyway Lexx, you're Enligh aren't you? Do you like Spam?

EDIT: Keeping it on topic, a Spam anecdote for ya. A lot of vegetarian people say (so I'm told) that the only thing they miss about eating meat is a good old Bacon Sandwich. A friend of mine, who's been a vegetarian for years now, swears blind the only thing that would 'tempt' him back would be Spam Fritters. :confused: Seriously! For anyone who's none the wiser, this is actually fried spam. Apart from that he's a lovely bloke...

B.
 Bob Gnarly
06-03-2003, 7:32 PM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku

please edit that word from your post...its obvious your not aloud to use it on a forum for a game.
 Pad
06-03-2003, 7:34 PM
may i remind you that is a flame aswell ;)
and why the hell do you have an adolf hitler avatar?

and we dont have spam in can here but i think i really wouldnt like it. iґve eaten similar food and well, jikes!
 leXX
06-03-2003, 7:35 PM
Oh, I didn't even notice that he was using one of the poll options lol. My fault. ^_^

Yes, I like spam when it's cooked, not cold.

And Count_Dooku - Replying to a flame with a flame is just as bad as a flame, so don't do it again.
 Captain Wilson
06-03-2003, 7:53 PM
Ibeleieve spam to be bad, very bad.

also...Count_D00ku
why the hell do you have an adolf hitler avatar
i also have ask this...its slightly confusing
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 8:09 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
and why the hell do you have an adolf hitler avatar?

Maybe he likes hitler, or is a true facist. I dunno :confused:

But..Spam..Is..Eeeeeew. I used to eat it. And I used to LOVE it. but now...its just...ick.
 Thrackan Solo
06-03-2003, 8:13 PM
:barf: Thats all i have to say about it
 Silent_Thunder
06-03-2003, 8:13 PM
Grilled SPAM (tm) is "Crazy Tasty"!
 Hekx
06-03-2003, 8:15 PM
Urgh.. Cold spam.
I would go vegetarian if Spam was the only meat product available.
Mmmm, chicken. :D
 ZBomber
06-03-2003, 9:08 PM
*burns Count's av*

Anyways, I don't like spam. :)
 Solbe M'ko
06-03-2003, 9:22 PM
Does it bother anyone else that Hitler defended England's honor?

Anyway, I have nothing to say about spam, (although I have been offered spam a few time, but declined) but when I was in London I ate some English-style bacon sandwiches. I couldn't get over the non-crispiness. Yech! Meat is too damn expensive over there.

-PS- Buy Canadian beef! It's safe, I swear. If you get mad cow you can come kick my in the shnuts. It's probable that the one case of mad cow in Canada was just a random mutation, really!

-PPS- My sister's friend from a long time ago was in the army cadets and she said that rations are absolutely nasty, except the Peanut Butter-style spread on crackers one. She said Chicken Alfredo rations could make a man puke. Wasn't spam invented as army rations or something? I thought I heard that somewhere.
:marx1:
 The Count
06-04-2003, 1:39 PM
My Flame wasn't as bad as Primo's because he was denouncing beautiful glorious England, however I was denouncing him for his referal to English people.

And the Hitler avatar is because I have my history exams coming up and I got my mind on History and Hitler.
 Chewbacco
06-04-2003, 1:44 PM
I sorta liked it but i wouldn't have it again.:(
 PrimoSidone
06-04-2003, 1:51 PM
lexx it is on the poll list... geez
 Darth Eggplant
06-04-2003, 1:56 PM
SPAM trade mark and other products something called FLICK identical to SPAM was invented by the Brit's I do believe UK historians correct me do to meat shortages in the war. so if support the armed forces than you should dig SPAM. SPAM is very popular in Hawaii, cause during war US forces stationed there ate SPAM, now war is over SPAM is sold in hawaiina supermarkets all the time as in elsewhere as in Canada. there is a cool Hawaiina receipt and it may sound bad but ry it seriously:
SPAM Teriyaki you take SPAM and pineapple and marinade it in either Kobe or Teriyaki sauce and you serve it on plain white rice. I made this the other night, easy to make, last days in the fridge without spoiling cause SPAM is invincible. anyhow a well balanced diet is reccomended but for a lark try it, like green eggs and ham you may PM me and say thank you, thank you egplant U am.:D
 The Count
06-04-2003, 9:11 PM
God bless England, and the legacy that was the British Empire.
 Wanderer
06-04-2003, 9:17 PM

That's as bad as Primo's post. Come on, don't make this worst - Darklighter
YOU should be banned from the forums mister!!! Just because of your avatar...IT HURTS TO SEE THIS THAT SOME GUYS HAVEN'T LEARNED FROM THE PAST.
This is no flaming! I'm german, I know what I'm talking about:mad:
 Darklighter
06-04-2003, 9:31 PM
Err, actually, that is flaming =/ Calm down Wanderer, it's been sorted. Now, let's get back on the topic of "Spam" (never thought I would ever say that XD lol).

Spam, eh? Never tried it. Ever. Though, someday I will, to see what all the fuss is about ^^;
 Wanderer
06-04-2003, 9:37 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Err, actually, that is flaming =/ Calm down Wanderer, it's been sorted. Now, let's get back on the topic of "Spam" (never thought I would ever say that XD lol).

Spam, eh? Never tried it. Ever. Though, someday I will, to see what all the fuss is about ^^;
OK! In that case I apologize because of the forum rules...
 Elijah
06-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
Does it bother anyone else that Hitler defended England's honor? WTF?! Are you saying Hitler had Honor? Much less any to defend? Hitlar was the biggest bastard to ever see daylight, and thats a fact.
 The Count
06-05-2003, 5:51 AM
Originally posted by ZDawg
WTF?! Are you saying Hitler had Honor? Much less any to defend? Hitlar was the biggest bastard to ever see daylight, and thats a fact.

As a historian, I am inclined to inform you that your "fact" is still a matter of debate, the likes of AJP Taylor have stated that Hitler was no more expansionist than any other German statesmen of his time, and there has been considerable historical debate on whether the holocaust actually existed (my opinion is that it did, but thats not relevant)

I don't see why any American feels so anti Hitler anyway unless they were Jewish, he hardly killed any of your men, THe Americans just let the USSR do all the work in defeating Hitler, I can see why a Russian may have such hatred for the furher but not an American, I mean they hardly did anything in WW2 against Eurpoe besides give the Russians supplies through lend lease and even still they wanted the money back.

And Wanderer go to hell I've already explained why the Furher is my Avatar, if that offends you, I believe you can go to hell.

BTW Spam was a wartime ration in Great Britain.
 leXX
06-05-2003, 6:37 AM
lexx it is on the poll list... geez

Originally posted by me
Oh, I didn't even notice that he was using one of the poll options lol. My fault. ^_^

I can see exactly where this thread is going, and that is downhill fast.

*closed*
Page: 1 of 1