Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hey! You in the back! Yeah, *you*!

Page: 1 of 1
 C'jais
06-02-2003, 9:02 PM
Yep, I was referring to *you*.

I know you're out there. Lurking. Observing, but not interfering. Gleaming what you can from this forum without adding anything yourself.

I want you to post in this thread. Right now. No joke.

This is a chance.

As for the rest of you, watch as I attract hapless lurkers. And improve my post count while looking really, really dumb in the process.
 ET Warrior
06-02-2003, 9:11 PM
...So the purpose of this thread is for people who never post to post? But they never post.........so therefore, they would not post in this thread, even though you told them too. In FACT, I would guess that they are LESS likely to post in this thread, because they wouldn't know what to say, as there really isn't a topic for them to have an opinion on.

Maybe that's just me ;)
 C'jais
06-02-2003, 9:15 PM
It's just you.

Obey my thread commandment! LURKERS! Come hither!

Patience. Patience is key.

Post count +1
 Agen
06-02-2003, 9:15 PM
Actually i lurk all the time on forums, i only ever register when i have something to say. On LF i got pretty addicted though :p
I think some people might just post ;)
 Acrylic
06-02-2003, 9:17 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
...So the purpose of this thread is for people who never post to post? But they never post.........so therefore, they would not post in this thread, even though you told them too. In FACT, I would guess that they are LESS likely to post in this thread, because they wouldn't know what to say, as there really isn't a topic for them to have an opinion on.

Maybe that's just me ;)

I'll second what ET said. :p ;)
 C'jais
06-02-2003, 9:22 PM
Excellent.

We now have a reel live lurker in my trap! Watch him, he's sure to be feisty in captivity!

Ok, observe as I engage my proping questions against this quirky, elusive species... Hard to catch he was.

So, Mr. Agen_, how does it feel to come out of the bushes?

Oh, and say "Hi!" to the audience. Everyone and their best friend's dog are looking at you now! Isn't this exciting?!?!!?

ISN'T IT!?!?!

Errm, so, anyway, what made you post in this thread? Was it my cleverly worded bait, or the chance to actually participate in our lovely forum?

Oh my, your post count is so huge!

Eek, something's wrong here...
 Writer
06-02-2003, 9:49 PM
I was a lurker until I couldn't stand it any more. Then, I signed up and started talking. It was just too much fun!

I'm a Pit Droid now, rather than Bantha Fodder and I've been posting here for a week.
 ZBomber
06-02-2003, 9:51 PM
This is stupid. I'm not gonna post here.....

D'OH! :D
 C'jais
06-02-2003, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by wildjedi
I was a lurker until I couldn't stand it any more.

BOO-YAH!

See? It works! Former lurkers are invading this thread...

Now all we need is a fresh one off the registration page after seeing this brilliant oppurtunity...

Confess your sins to us.

Am I being too forward?
 Lunatic Jedi
06-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
And improve my post count while looking really, really dumb in the process.

Don't worry. You can look really really dumb any time. :p

Nah, j/k... well, not really...

I never lurked on this forum. I was an instant... posting... person... guy... :confused:

Damnit.
 Reborn Outcast
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
What if someone dies because of this thread? HUH?!?!?!

Sheesh, people nowadays.

:D
 TheMadDoofer
06-02-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm here, but I rarely contribute.
 Lunatic Jedi
06-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Then how did you get that post count?
 teutonicknight
06-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
Then how did you get that post count?

By being here for a year :p

I don't really post that often ether, only when I feel compelled to.
 obi
06-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Don't let the thread get too spammy, or I will be forced to kidnap your mothers.

Have a nice day. =)
 Katarn07
06-02-2003, 11:50 PM
I used to come here (LF) like, 3 hours a day!

Now I'm down to 30 minutes, not consecutive either...
 Master_Payne
06-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Well I have almost 2 years browsing this forums (the whole LF) almost a year since registered the second time (I lost my password, don't remember my user name and the e-mail adress I use to register no longer exist) and this is my second post here on the swamp (I didn't post very much) but I check the whole LF every friday or any other day if I have time to do it.
I exist, right here watching and recording the whole history of most of you (no, not really but sound cool).
Well I'll return to the shadows where I belong, watching, reading without posting.
Nice thread (I'm the only one who thinks is great?).
 Taos
06-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Now, that I'm a mod, I do much more lurking/reading then ever before. I'm trying to post more, but lately I just haven't found a whole lot worth posting in. Heh.
 Pisces
06-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Honestly, who lurks anymore? Just get the forums to register you whenever you come in. Auto sign in, that's where it's at.
 Nitro
06-03-2003, 1:16 AM
What bothers me is how many people that have been here three years less than me have managed to have more posts.

I used to be one of the great XWA spammers, for Christ sake!
 wassup
06-03-2003, 1:48 AM
Um...

Hello! :wavey:
 Rogue Nine
06-03-2003, 2:06 AM
Not as good as me, N. :p

Why does Jais sound like Ty? Did I miss something?
 Quotation
06-03-2003, 2:22 AM
I'm an authentic, 100% Lurker, freshly imported from the far reaches of the the Himalayan mountains. And I say that in pride, and humble submission. Just use teutonicknight as a comparison (Sorry buddy) - We joined in the same month, and he has 1000 or so posts on me.. :P
 ShockV1.89
06-03-2003, 2:24 AM
*lurk lurk*
 Darth Eggplant
06-03-2003, 2:49 AM
the movie network have 2 really good docu-movies this month. one is talking to stan lee about super hero's the other is a 3hr movie called kevin smith speaks or something. ya silent bob tells all.:cool:
 Lunatic Jedi
06-03-2003, 2:58 AM

And this has WHAT to do with the topic?
 platypus202
06-03-2003, 3:08 AM
I like this thread. I am trying to save up for a sif pic. Now I can get free points.
 access_flux
06-03-2003, 5:19 AM
c'jais, you know i am alwys here and never post, but this just sounds like a good excuse to spam. :rolleyes: but still...
 Skate Boy
06-03-2003, 6:46 AM
Originally posted by NeoDios
Honestly, who lurks anymore? Just get the forums to register you whenever you come in. Auto sign in, that's where it's at.

Yes auto sign in is the best. I never lurk, never have never will...at least not on this forum.:xp:
 Zoom Rabbit
06-03-2003, 7:58 AM
I never lurk, as that would be akin to keeping my mouth shut. I grandstand, hot-dogging in the spotlight with the embarrassed stares of complete strangers giving me not a moment's pause as I yadda-yadda the rooty-tooty and rock my bunny booty all the way to church.

*!*

Church? Now I've done it... :dozey:
 Kstar__2
06-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Now, that I'm a mod, I do much more lurking/reading then ever before. I'm trying to post more, but lately I just haven't found a whole lot worth posting in. Heh.

what the old guy said.....

*runs*
:p
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-03-2003, 5:43 PM
Hmmm, so far what? 3 or 4 lurkers and the rest are all regulars*. And with no discernible continuation of topic.

This really is Licence To
http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/spam.gif)

I like it.
B.

* You'll be dismayed to learn I now class myself as a 'regular'. A noob also, but a regular noob :p
 C'jais
06-03-2003, 6:05 PM
I'll have you know that I've not given up on catching a real lurker yet.

But I'm dismayed to see that you guys think this is an excuse to spam. Do I look like the type of guy who needs to up his post count at this point? No? 4000-something and you'd bet I don't care anymore.

If this is spam, at least it's fun spam, compared to the 27 boring spam threads in the swamp right. Now.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-03-2003, 6:09 PM
Hey, we didn't say it wasn't fun Jais!

Spammington Spamsworth,
321 Spam Avenue,
Spamlington-on-Sea,
Spamshire.

:p B.
 PrimoSidone
06-03-2003, 6:33 PM
cjais why dont we make a sticky called...

spam here.. where peopel can spam like hell and get there points up... its good for everyone :D
 C'jais
06-03-2003, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
cjais why dont we make a sticky called...

spam here.. where peopel can spam like hell and get there points up... its good for everyone :D

Mhmm...

Sometimes I ask myself the same question.

Why can't the mods just decide to sticky one of the more popular game threads and move on like nothing happened?

Listen, I don't give a flying f*ck about you guy's spam. But I do care when you decide to leap on my topic and make it look as if I purposefully created a thread without purpose.

No offence meant to anyone in this thread. I'm just venting.
 Eldritch
06-03-2003, 7:21 PM
Judging by the influx of new posters, i'd say they don't really need help coming out of the woodwork (or down from the back of the crowd, as it were).

But it is always nice for someone to extend a welcome hand, 'jais. I'm sure any people who join will appreciate it.
 Breton
06-03-2003, 7:27 PM
Well, I'm not lurking too much here in the swamp. But I do in forumplanet's Morrowind forum, though. But that's mostly because I can't join. (Gamespy stuff, it says my email adress is already used, wich is natural since I've logged in there before, but I have no idea what my username or password is)
 Pad
06-03-2003, 7:45 PM
you just won yourself a free trip to the TOILET (http://wcspel.lapoo.nl/)
 TheMadDoofer
06-03-2003, 7:46 PM
I like to lurk around forums about games that I have never played, and post in the off-topic section.

Therefore, people know me and might think I have the game, while never having to buy them.

I'm not giving examples tho, however I do own JK2
 Darklighter
06-03-2003, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
Listen, I don't give a flying f*ck about you guy's spam. But I do care when you decide to leap on my topic and make it look as if I purposefully created a thread without purpose.

No worries Jais, we know the truth of the matter;)Primo, Blackout, contrary to your belief, there is actually a point to this thread. I'd appreciate it if you didn't label this as something it isn't, and if you are gonna post in here, post according to the topic;)

Hmm...lurkers, eh?...I know a real live one, the greatest lurker of them all, someone who's been here for over a year, but rarely posts - he observes, waiting, watching for the best moment to strike, then........BAM! Makes a cracker of a post. I'm talking about none other than Reb Starblazer. I'll get the guy in here when he's on next ^^

As for me, lurking is in my job description *points at status* Cept I still post a fair bit:D
 Zoom Rabbit
06-04-2003, 8:31 AM
C'jais, I one hundred percent support your position on the constant struggle underway not to have one's idle conversation labeled as 'spam.' I've lost count of how many times recently I've seen that word slung about in a drunken game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey...

With Lucasforums being integrated, we find that our different forums before had different rules, standards, etc. which we now have to interelate into some kind of universal standard. When I first came to this forum, I was shocked to find myself called on the carpet for posting the same kind of humorous nonrelevancies that had always been my trademark at RSN and XWA. It wasn't an argument I'd expected to have by any means...

So, I say that we should just let idle conversation be. End the relevancy witch hunt once and for all...these kids are terrified of straying off topic for Pete's sake! No one wants that.

Note: I'm not proposing free license to post gibberish, kids. Retarded monkeysh*t won't fly, and I'll be the first to support the mods in closing truly idiotic topics.
 Nitro
06-04-2003, 8:51 AM
Here here, Zoom!
 edlib
06-04-2003, 1:50 PM
:confused: Am I a lurker? I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I have in others...

I'm so bewildered...

... And I likes mah Spam deep-fried, thankyouverymuch!

:joy:
 Mex
06-04-2003, 2:57 PM
Spam? Egh.. And I'm no lurker!

I'd rather have somechipswithcurrysaucemixedwithtomatosauce please!
Page: 1 of 1