Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Guess What Rolled By My House Today

Page: 1 of 1
 Icemaniax
06-02-2003, 3:14 AM
take a Look see, forgive the bad quality of the 10 dollar digi cam.

http://www.imgmag.net/images/iceman_jedi/6tanks.jpg)

:)

these are REAL, not taken from some site. i took them myself.
 Tesla
06-02-2003, 3:19 AM
WOW!!!, bet that was a surprise, what time did this happen??,where did this happen???

*Still Shocked !!!* :eek:
 Icemaniax
06-02-2003, 3:26 AM
it was about 6:00pm.. i'm not sure. i am in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
 Boba Rhett
06-02-2003, 3:28 AM
Wow.

That's really cool. :D Did it shake the ground?
 Tesla
06-02-2003, 3:29 AM
Ok must have been quiet a cool sight to see doesn't usally happen, wonder where they were heading ???
 StarWarsPhreak
06-02-2003, 3:33 AM
wow, I've been inside s tank once, they're huge, but I've never seen one drive by. Musta been a cool sight. You didn't hear any explosions in the distance did you?
 Taos
06-02-2003, 3:37 AM
Yeah, that is cool. Definitely something you don't see every day - especially in Kfalls. :)
 munik
06-02-2003, 4:23 AM
They're on a train or something, they would mess up a road pretty good if they drove on it. I think the top left pic is mobile artillery, not a tank. None the less, it's still pretty cool.
 Kstar__2
06-02-2003, 5:25 AM
that's awesome :D
 Elijah
06-02-2003, 5:52 AM
I used to live about 5 miles outside the 29 palm marine base (bigest base in the country)... those things where going buy all time, and choppers, they even tested bombs in my area.
 Zoom Rabbit
06-02-2003, 6:16 AM
All forward units: A civilian has spotted the railway task force and we have lost the element of surprise. Move immediately to contain objective area as per orders (section B.)

*(Train stops and turrets point at Klamath Falls.)*

Objective secured. :D

(K-Falls? I live in Medford...!)
 access_flux
06-02-2003, 6:23 AM
man it looks like oyu live in Iraq.

you wanna know something cooler?

i've driven a tank, and i've played with the big gun. :D `:D i win. and that is no joke. it helps having family neing EX SAS :D
 Darth Eggplant
06-02-2003, 2:10 PM
we saw tanks once in Toronto Canada,
we had a snow fall so our mayor
screamed like a little baby
for the army to come and dig us out.
man what an abuse of power
and an embarassment.
the rest of Canada is never going to let us
forget that little incident.:o
 munik
06-02-2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by ZDawg
I used to live about 5 miles outside the 29 palm marine base (bigest base in the country)... those things where going buy all time, and choppers, they even tested bombs in my area. Living near 29 Stumps....man, that had to suck. Being the biggest base in the country don't mean much when it's nothing but empty desert, big...empty...lonely desert. I didn't think anyone who wasn't stationed there or ripping off marines actually lived out there.

Darth Eggplant, doesn't toronto have some sort of department that takes care of snow removal? I mean, it snows there every year. At the most I figured ya'll could get the opp or rcmp to drive some moose fitted with plows or something, and fix the mess :)
 Nitro
06-02-2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
we saw tanks once in Toronto Canada,
we had a snow fall so our mayor
screamed like a little baby
for the army to come and dig us out.
man what an abuse of power
and an embarassment.
the rest of Canada is never going to let us
forget that little incident.:o

The rest of Canada hates you anyway... Especially the Maritimes. Friggin' business suit-wearing pansies. Why don't you come out here and drink like a man!? :D
 Skate Boy
06-02-2003, 3:21 PM
I saw one of those the other day. It wasn't going by itself though, it was on a BIG trailer.
 Darth Eggplant
06-02-2003, 3:49 PM
ah Turro hub of the Maritimes, sat at that station so many times on my way to and from Cape Breton. yes the rest of Canada hates us, rightly so:D I have friends out east, and go when I can, never been anywhere in NB except the station however, next time I go through and have to sit at the station brink something to drink then, if you don't mind slumming it with a central region canadian;)
 -=ReApEr=-
06-02-2003, 3:55 PM
Wow, i couldn't imagine seeing one of those going pass my house in england. That sure is a surprise to wake up to. :eek: The loudest thing i've woke up to is 2 dustbin lorrys. :p
 Nitro
06-02-2003, 3:58 PM
Truro's in Nova Scotia... I'm from Moncton, NB. But drop me a PM if you're ever coming out my way.

And Moncton's the "Hub City", BTW.
 Icemaniax
06-02-2003, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by munik
They're on a train or something, they would mess up a road pretty good if they drove on it. I think the top left pic is mobile artillery, not a tank. None the less, it's still pretty cool.

it is a Mobile Howitzer. :D

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
All forward units: A civilian has spotted the railway task force and we have lost the element of surprise. Move immediately to contain objective area as per orders (section B.)

*(Train stops and turrets point at Klamath Falls.)*

Objective secured. :D

(K-Falls? I live in Medford...!)

lmao. :P you live in Medford? what part?

also i shouldve included in the post above, they were all on train cars, there were over 100 train cars, i would say there was at least 200 Tanks\Mobile cranes\Howitzers. my Digi cam sucks so i couldnt get a good pic, but it took about 25 miutes for the train to pass. and after it passed awhile later another train passed hualing Humvees,trucks and a few APC's

I live 2 miles from Kingsley Airbase. so these arent really a "new" thing for me to see. considering they get shipped out from here. (sometimes) and my house is in the landing path of the 173rd Fighter wing Consisting of F-15's, go by everyday. pass over my house at like 50-100ft. :D

173rd Fighter Wing (http://www.orklam.ang.af.mil/OPS/ANG_units_173index.html)
 Father Torque
06-02-2003, 7:58 PM
neat o:) . I remember seeing a line of like 15 humveys belonging to the army driving on the 1-90 bridge from mercer Island to Seattle, probably dont know where MI is:p . It was cool, 1 actually had a machine gun turit on it:D
 StormHammer
06-02-2003, 8:22 PM
Yeah, that must have been a surprise. The only proper 'tank' I've seen on the move in recent years was on the back of a trailer on the motorway. Yeah...you heard that right. Heh.

Seeing army trucks and the like around where I live isn't uncommon though, because they usually go on maneouvres up in the Brecon Beacons, and where I live is on the outskirts of that area. Even saw an APC a couple of times. We get the odd fighter jet fly over too. And I mean....low. Had one go up the middle of the valley where I live once...and he could only have been a couple of hundred feet off the ground.
 ZBomber
06-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeh, I was in the tank. Why did you flash that in my eyes?! :p

Pretty neat. ;)
 Zoom Rabbit
06-04-2003, 8:09 AM
Iceman: I actually live in Sam's Valley, which is behind the table rocks north of Medford. I can see the Milky Way where I live, but Medford is a baleful yellow wan on the horizon that bleaches my sky. I hate it.

If you're ever in Medford, go to the Applebee's (at night) and ask for *Jim.* If you're a federal agent, I'll send out a kitchen drone in my place, but otherwise I'll come out to meet visitors (business permitting.) ;)
Page: 1 of 1