Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bring Back The Imperial Commandos

Page: 1 of 1
 Naval Troper
06-01-2003, 1:52 PM
I know I'm not the only guy that wants these bad asses back.

What do u guys think?
 Kengo
06-01-2003, 2:21 PM
I agree, they were really good. You can find a great model of them for the DF mod, they may get encorperated into some SP projects for JO at least.
 JDKnite188
06-01-2003, 2:53 PM
Yeah, they were great. The whole black helmet, boots, gloves, and suit were pretty cool. The DF mod has a bloody awesome model for a commando.
 StormHammer
06-01-2003, 3:37 PM
I liked the Imperial Commandos, but I'd only want to see them return in a proper context. Just putting them in for the sake of it would be a bit pointless, IMHO.

I'm also looking forward to the DFMod, which should absolutely rock. No disrespect to Raven, but those guys have an incredible modeller on the team... I'm surprised he's not working for Raven to be honest...
 Kengo
06-01-2003, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I liked the Imperial Commandos, but I'd only want to see them return in a proper context. Just putting them in for the sake of it would be a bit pointless, IMHO.

Very true...I guess up till now I'd kind of assumed Remnant would be in it somewhere, they tend to show up, but the screenshots so far don't seem to feature them much at all. Actually, the whole plot is one big mystery...
 taekwondo joe
06-01-2003, 9:23 PM
i vote for commando's
 Prime
06-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Kengo
Very true...I guess up till now I'd kind of assumed Remnant would be in it somewhere, they tend to show up, but the screenshots so far don't seem to feature them much at all. Actually, the whole plot is one big mystery... Hopefully that is why we haven't seen any stormtroopers yet. I don't believe there has been any hint that the Remnant won't be in the game.
 Uber_Saber
06-02-2003, 1:42 AM
We've seen snowtroopers. Which are kind of a variant on stormies. I just hope they do more of an independent enemy line, instead of rehashing the 'Mad Imperial Warlord with an Axe to grind and a whole lot of Dark Jedi to boot' storyline.

Depends what time this takes place, if this is during the 'fallout' of the Remnant, where Imperials are leaving the Remnant and hiring themselves out as highly trained guns. That might work.

<Edit> Just realized I forgot to cast my vote. Yey, let's have 'em back.
 shock ~ unnamed
06-02-2003, 5:46 AM
<--- coolest looking imperial guy ever.
 Kengo
06-02-2003, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber
I just hope they do more of an independent enemy line, instead of rehashing the 'Mad Imperial Warlord with an Axe to grind and a whole lot of Dark Jedi to boot' storyline.

Same here, a more original storyline than that would be good. I think I still like the plot of DF the best, although JO was pretty decent. Still, fitting the Remnant in in a better way than them working for some maniacal genius would be nice :D
 babywax
06-02-2003, 12:35 PM
<--- coolest looking imperial guy ever.

Cool, until you think of the super nerd that's wearing it!
Could someone post a screen of the imperial commandos? I know I'm a dufus but I've never played Jedi Knight 1 or dark forces...
 Uber_Saber
06-02-2003, 2:21 PM
Here ya go:

http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/screenshots/models/player/commando00.jpg)

Front view

http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/screenshots/models/player/commando01.jpg)

I don't know what the term for a shot from this angle is, but there you go. That's some good model work. It's not screenies from DF or JK, but it's better actually, and closer to what they'd look like in JA.

This is from the DF mod site: http://darkforces.jediknightii.net)

<Edit> Fixed images.
 Naval Troper
06-02-2003, 4:25 PM
Dude...(looks at picture)Dude.

That enemy rocks.

Who made it, let me just say that whoever did that you rival Anthony Piggot.

You are a god.

Can u plz tell me how I insert them into JO plz.
 CortoCG
06-02-2003, 6:27 PM
Hi, thank you all for the comments on my navy trooper aka imperial commando. Let me tell you I'm working on a small improvement/patch for the model, this includes better helmet skin, and shaders for the goggles, belt clip and boots. I'm also giving the commando bigger gloves as seen on the movies.
That's for all the fans who really like the model. Thanks to you all, once again.
 Naval Troper
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
Can u plz tell me how to install the patch into jo so I can spawn these guys?

Once again I just got to say...you have talent my friend.
 CortoCG
06-02-2003, 10:17 PM
I'm not releasing the improved version yet, in a week prolly. When I have it ready I'll anounce it here so you can download it from our website.
 Solbe M'ko
06-03-2003, 3:16 AM
I would love to see all kinds of "special" Stormtroopers. www.Starwars.com) updated their pics (I implore you to check the site out) for guys like the Space Troopers, Storm Commandos, etc. and these are what I would like to see most, the special "commando" style stormies. I just got XWA (as I mentioned in another thread) and it had Space Troopers. Even though they looked like Lego-men, it was still a nice addition.

As to the Imperial Commandos, they were only in ANH, along with a lot of other things. ANH is quite different from the other 2 films, I suppose because it was more of a prototype, than anything else... Still, new models are always nice to have around.
 CortoCG
06-03-2003, 3:38 AM
Ok, I'll check it. Perhaps I'll find a cool enough character to start modelling after I'm done with the mod. Thanks for the tip ;) .
 Silent_Thunder
06-03-2003, 3:57 AM
Yes! Bring back Imperial Commandos! They were the best remnant enemies to fight! (Actually, I prefered fighting them when they weren't remnant fighters... back in the good old Dark Forces days... )

But I agree ... if there's no remnant there's no reason to bring them back... only where they belong. But I would love to play another MotS like game where the Remnant is the main enemy in the beginning, but it slowly shifts to a more sinister plot that invovles something other than a crazy dark jedi with delusions of granduer seeking to destroy the jedi academy with legions of stormtroopers behind him... Which actually looks like what JA is doing (or maybe I'm just hoping).
 Naval Troper
06-03-2003, 10:48 AM
The imperial commandos(Naval Troopers) were in all 3 films.

They dragged Captain Naeda's body way from Darth Varder in ESB

and they were in the shield generator in ROTJ.
 The Count
06-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Actually the Naval Commandos were in ESB aswell....
 toms
06-03-2003, 1:51 PM
sounds like a good idea to me. shouldn't these guys be weaker that stormies though? but maybe faster.

Personally i wish they would start setting games a bit further back. By continually adding 10 years between each game they have pushed it so far out into the "future" that the remnant should really no longer be an issue.

They should start setting the games in the gaps between JK and MotS or Mots and JK2.

How about either remnant troops now working as pirates (graffiti on the stormtrooper armour and ships, independance war style)
or a plot where they either start as your enemies and then have to band with you (jedi leading stormtrooper assault) or start as your friends but then betray you.

Unfortunately they keep getting treated as the lowest of grunts, so there is no fear left of remanent troops.
A few cool ANH-opening style raiding parties should rectify that.
 Solbe M'ko
06-03-2003, 8:30 PM
DID YOU KNOW!? (Puts on Drew carey-esque glasses and tie)

The dudes firing the Superlaser on the Death Stars were not imperial commandos. They were gunners. You are right about the ESB, though. By bad! *sheepish look*

(Takes off glasses)

I agree that the games shouldn't be set too far in the future (well, since Star Wars took place "a long time ago"... ah forget it). But I really dislike SW games that are set, for example, during the battle of Hoth. The storylines get so mixed up when you put new characters into the movie situation. I believe that the games should be independant of the movies' characters, that way:

a) We get to see new characters
b) Storylines stay "clean"
c) The stories are more open-ended
 Naval Troper
06-04-2003, 1:12 PM
*Puts on his Buddy Holly glasses*

One was an imperial gunner and the other was a deathstar trooper.

You can tell because one wasn't wearing the gunner helmet, but he was wearin a deathstar trooper helmet.
Page: 1 of 1