Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RotJ turns 20

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
05-31-2003, 10:27 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been 20 years since the release of Return of the Jedi? If so, wooooooooooooo! Celebrate the 20th birthday of one kick ass movie people! Let us all remember the finest moments of RotJ... ah yes the Ewoks... funny lil critters aren't they :p Too bad GL had to ruin it with that little musical number in the SE version x.x
 benTantilles
05-31-2003, 1:18 PM
funny...i thought the sw music was pretty good.
 leXX
05-31-2003, 1:54 PM
Yoda's dying word:

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke.....Luke......do not......do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I.....the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is.....another.......Sky.....walker."
[Yoda dies]

:crybaby:

Oh, and let's not forget:

"I have a really bad feeling about this." :D
 Lynk Former
05-31-2003, 6:57 PM
I just love seeing Wedge and the boys in the Battle of Endor taking out those TIE, it's soooooooooooo kewl!! :ball:
 Jedi Skywalker
06-01-2003, 2:52 PM
RotJ still rocks and a tv channels has called this month the SW month with wednesday ANH, so it's good for us over here.

I also like the part with Wedge and the guys kicking the TIE's ass:)
 ZBomber
06-02-2003, 5:51 PM
Yup..... Wow, 20 years ago...... meh, I'm hungry. Lets go get some pizza to celebrate with! :D
 Lynk Former
06-02-2003, 7:47 PM
Damn you've got me hungry for Pizza now Z :p
 Random
06-02-2003, 9:43 PM
Needs more Jabba!
 platypus202
06-03-2003, 3:28 AM
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear ROTJ,
Happy birthday to you

I love ROTJ the best part was when Leia met the Ewoks, and the musical scene, and the KICK ASS Battle of Endor.
 Lynk Former
06-03-2003, 5:07 AM
Endor was just THE greatest SW battle, sure the Geonosis battle was great but Endor was THE battle, DS2, Super Star Destroyers, Star Destroyers, the terrors of the universe against the small force that was the Rebellion.
 rad-x
06-03-2003, 10:21 AM
If you mean the space battle only then YES.
Otherwise YES, but a shaky one.

Geonosis, just had something wrong with it, probably no sense of peril or terror.
 Lynk Former
06-03-2003, 10:48 AM
*nods* I soooooo agree with that. I mean the Republic forces were wiping out their targets right off the mark, there was no REAL resistance like a huge bastard of a Death Star firing a Super Laser at your capital ships :p
 dark jedi 8
06-12-2003, 10:50 PM
yoda, ewoks, jabba, endor battle, what else could anyone want in a movie?:thumbsup:
 pleto4_ryan
06-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Otherwise YES, but a shaky one.

it was one of the best battles...

cut into 3 pieces...

Space one...incridible..(was the last battle for both sides also...both would either win or DIE)

In the surface of the planet....what a fight...Ewoks,rebellion,empire

and of course the usual jedi fight in the death start :D
 Tufkad
07-01-2003, 4:28 AM
Yes, this movie ruled, the ending with the three battles was to die for. The stormtroopers ambushed by all those ewoks, the falcon shooting out of the death star, and Vader showing the good in him... mmm.

This thread really amuses me, it is just another excuse for all of us to talk about how much we loved Star Wars. :D
 superracer0022
07-02-2003, 10:36 PM
return of the jedi is probably my favorite of the originals, great ending
 Tufkad
07-03-2003, 7:23 AM
I feel bad after my last post. As if ESB and ROTJ have been insulted. I just watched those II, and I take back what I said. There is no "best" of the classic trilogy.
Page: 1 of 1