Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game based on Darth Maul..

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterReptile
05-28-2003, 6:46 PM
Has anyone ever wonderd why there hasnt been a game based on Darth Maul...I imagine it would do great....I'm sure Darth maul had alot of "adventures" besides what he did in Episdoe 1..they could make a game based on him doing work for the emporer prior to Episode 1 or something to that effect...something like Obi Wan..but wouldnt suck as much...I hope they come out with one..with good saber staff combat..i've been wanting to get this off my chest, and see others opinions on it, thanks in advance!

Reptile
 platypus202
05-29-2003, 3:13 AM
I agree with you. I think a game on Darth Maul would rock. He is a great character (but not better than yoda:p). He seems like an awesome fighter. That would help with the game a lot. It would also be fun to use the double lightsaber.

and anoather thing, OBI -WAN DID NOT SUCK:cool:
 leXX
05-29-2003, 8:20 AM
Obi-Wan did suck. :p

I would love to see a game based on Maul. He's a great character and definately deserves his own game. It's a real shame he had to die. :(
 Random
05-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Although not specifically designed around Maul (and therefore lacking most of the evil elements) we have JK:JA coming out soon.

You can either create a jedi that looks similar to Maul, or wait a few weeks and download the enevitable player made models of him.

Thankfully Lucasarts is including the saber staff as one of the styles of fighting this time around.

Or you could make due with the current Maul model for JK:JO and stick him in the single player game. He gets the girl at the end, how sweet.

Another place to go for more Maul badness is the Darth Maul comic book from Dark Horse. Its a pretty good story with lots of action. I've heard that the Maul novel wasn't very good. It didn't have him in it very much, he was just the villan that popped in every few chapters. I'll probably get it eventually, but I'm in no hurry to atm.
 leXX
05-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I used to play as Lady Brena (a female Zabrak) a lot in JK2 MP. I do hope Zabrak is one of the customizable races for JA, that would be good.

However, I don't think using a Maul model is the same as having his very own game. MasterReptile wants a game based on Maul.
 boinga1
05-30-2003, 1:08 AM
Jah....that would be cool. Actually, a quality game with any Jedi from ep1 would be awesome (obi, qui or maul). If they did, say, Obi-Wan II, they could include before ep1 through maybe the Clone Wars. If well done (and on PC) that would rock.
 Jedi Apprentice
05-30-2003, 1:39 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Obi-Wan did suck. :p

Bah!

*throws numerous rocks at leXX*

*runs from leXX*

A Darth Maul game would be cool, but then again, not every character can have their own game. There are plenty of characters that are cool or popular enough to warrant a game, but most will not happen. Or at least not right now anyways.

List of characters who would make fun or interesting games:
Luke
Anakin/Darth Vader
Count Dooku(before and after leaving the Jedi's)
Qui-Gon
Yoda
Han Solo
Chewie
Aayla Secura
Darth Maul
And the list goes on and on.....and on.......

So you get my drift, but how many of these games will actually be made? Probabaly none of them. I do think LA will have major Star Wars games coming out soon having to do with both OT and PT characters though. So here's to hoping. :)

Oh yeah, I loved Obi-Wan! :D
 Rogue15
05-30-2003, 11:19 AM
this thread should go in the lonely cantina, since it's not specifically about the movies. kaboom kaboom....

yes, Darth Maul should REALLY have his own game. That would be sweet. There's only a few games where you can play him without needing mods and such. Jedi Power Battles and Demolition, but a game where you play as Maul the whole time would be AWESOME. Especially if based on Shadow Hunter...
 Darth Eggplant
05-30-2003, 1:00 PM
I think there should be a game based on darth groovy. in this game he gets to fight off spam, drink excessively, and you get to see how many tattoos and piercings you can give him, until he passes out.:D he also has to run away from vengeful ex girlfriends while trying to score new ones at the local inter galactic karoke bar.:maul5:
 Wraith 8
05-30-2003, 2:16 PM
its probably gonna be called: shadow hunter.. like the book :D
 Death_Jedi
05-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
There's only a few games where you can play him without needing mods and such. Jedi Power Battles and Demolition, but a game where you play as Maul the whole time would be AWESOME. Especially if based on Shadow Hunter...

In Jedi power battles (i just stop playin that game then :D) when you play as Maul he only has a Single Saber though :( .......is there a way to make it double...and if it was based on shadow hunter it would rock
 Taos
05-31-2003, 2:11 AM
I think a game based on Darth Maul would be incredible - potentially. If LA got the right company to do one and the right engine......man it could be so much fun. To be honest, I'm surprised they don't have something out already, based on his popularity and all. Then again, LA has never really done too many games with the empire or evil as the lead character.

I want a game like this, I hope they do something....:D
 Kaiser Spaso
05-31-2003, 5:09 AM
i wouldn't buy it.......i would rather fight him
 leXX
05-31-2003, 8:11 AM
You're right Leemu, we never get to be a baddie in the lead role. It's about time they made one based on the dark side. I wanna be evil. It's not fair I tell you, NOT FAIR!!! :crybaby:
 Rogue15
05-31-2003, 11:30 AM
TIE Fighter is as close as they ever came, and that game is still the best space sim.
 lukeiamyourdad
06-01-2003, 5:09 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
TIE Fighter is as close as they ever came, and that game is still the best space sim.

Amen!

And don't forget Bounty Hunter...but technically Jango is bad but he works for the good guys...forget about that. Let's call it a game with a ''lead character who is good and bad but fights the good guys but also fights the bad''
 StarCords
06-01-2003, 7:05 PM
I don't care much for Bounty Hunter and I wouldn't like a Darth Maul game. I would, however, like a RPG like KotOR about Boba Fett in between Ep. 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.
 LiMP RABBiT
06-05-2003, 1:48 PM
To my knowledge, Jedi Knight 2 is the only good starwars game. But if they could pull it of, a Maul game would be great. Even better since his actions arent really tide to the film, so it wouldnt be that constained by the films script.
 swphreak
06-05-2003, 1:56 PM
hmm.. Shadow Hunter as the game? nah, I rather it be something else that will have more action and include killing Jedi :devburn:

and I thought ObiWan was ok.....
 Weird_Al
06-06-2003, 12:42 PM
If I'm gonna play as an evil person I personally would rather be Vader. I think Maul could be great in a game though. I think you should fight a lot of Jedi in it though unlike in Shadow Hunter. It also would make Duel of the Fates a lot more impressive than it already is. That could be a hidden level!!!
Page: 1 of 1