Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Cyro Station

Page: 1 of 1
 Crazy_Ivan
05-27-2003, 1:23 AM
Ive been working on it for about a week now and I need to do some more construction and texturing. But besides that I just wanted to let you all get really excited for some screenshots that will be coming shortly.

There will actually be 2 maps for Cyro Station. One as it sits normally, with ships flying about that can be teleported onto. The other map is Cyro Station under attack. This will include ships firing at it and effects like that. Keep in mind this charred Cyro Station can only be done after the perfect one is made. If I had to give a percentage of completion on the first map, I'd honestly say 60% or so, because I still have to make full ships that are able to awe you players heh. Screenshots are coming shortly!
 Captian
05-27-2003, 2:26 AM
ill first have to say that flying ships with lasers and stuff will be difficult. youll need scripting, which is impossible in multiplayer
 Crazy_Ivan
05-27-2003, 2:39 AM
you can do stuff like have a ship pointed at the station and firing lasers without scripting. I really didnt mean that the ships would be following attack patterns or anything :rolleyes:
 wedge2211
05-27-2003, 3:00 PM
Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to make a ship do a strafing run if you use func_trains. As long as the ship can stay in the same orientation the whole time...
 Wudan
05-27-2003, 6:55 PM
^^ What Wedge said, although it would be possible for a mod to enhance func_train usage in this regard.
Page: 1 of 1