Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

points game

Page: 1 of 2
 Das Mole
05-26-2003, 6:11 PM
ok...

since we don't have too many "games" going on around here, i'll make one.

it'll be a game where you can win points for yourself, and it'll be kind of like battle of the sexes on mtv.

every day for the next, say, ten days, w/a challenge every day that requires you to do some kind of special thing. the people with the lowest scores from each sex will be eliminated from the game at 8:00 pm each night for the first nine days. the tenth day:whoever gets the highest score in the final competition will win the final prize for their side: 1,800 points. each player will recieve 600 points to add to whatever they have and do what they want. unless... actually, it's 50 points to enter, plus there can only be 12 players on each side. if you want to register, give 50 points to me, then post here to say which side you're on. the first twelve people from each sex get to play, and maybe i'll do another one in the future so more can play.

remember- you want to finish each one to get your own individual points to stay in. the final three on each side should then worry about winning for their team.

the game will start wednesday (may 28) at 8:00 pm. you then have 22hours to complete the mission. if you do not send the information (or whatever it is) to me by 5:00 pm, you are disqualified from that competition and get a big fat 0 points. the scores are then announced at 8:00 and one is disqualified, immediately followed by the announcement of the next challenge. the game ends at 8:00 pm on thursday, june 5 when the winning team will be announced and the points will be awarded.

registration starts... now. *clicks on submit new thread*

oh- and registration will end at 6:00 tomorrow. (p.m.)

(edit)
bump everything ahead by one day. registration ends at 6:00 wednesday. game ends friday the 6th. the game starts on thursday
 Al-back from the BigWhoop
05-26-2003, 6:21 PM
im in (im male, in case you havent figured).

btw, how are you gonna get all those points?? i mean, if each one of us gives you 50 points, you get 1200. But you want to distribute 600 points to every player + a 1800 points bonus! and honestly, i dont think the admns will just give away that many points.

ps- its a good idea to tell us in what timezone you are in, since not all of us are under the same zone.
 Das Mole
05-26-2003, 6:25 PM
first- i'm giving the winners (three people) 600 each, but te 50 from 24 players adds 1200 to the points that i already have, wihch is 600. see? i'm actually giving away all of my points!

second- i'm in central time (GMT -6 hours)

third- and actually: registration ends wednesday at 5:00, players anounced at 7:50 and game begins at 8:00. okay. i'm done making my modifications here.

oh- and: ( :rolleyes: ) you must donate 50 credits, otherwise there won't be enough for the winners. and if you register after there are enough people, i'll give you back the 50.

losers of the game- if you lose, i'm looking at a possible consolation prize of 5-10 points, i'll have to see how many extra i have, though.

and for the answers in the competitions, you'll want to pm me the answer instead of posting it since you don't want other people getting the answers because of your hard work.
05-26-2003, 6:44 PM
and what about the 1800 points bonus?
nevermind, i got it. i though i were gonna give the first one 1800 points the the second and third would get 600 each.

also, we could open an account for bank, and after we are done, we can ask the admns to delete it

its not that i dont trust you, its just that i dont trust you :D
(whose quote is this? i dont remember...)

but seriously, the advantage of opening a new account is that its easier to keep track of the donations, since you will be posting and stuff. You could open an account with the name "ACCOUNT" and then post here, so every1 can keep track of how many ppl have payed. After the game is over, you distribute the points and ask the admn to delete that account
 C Shutt
05-26-2003, 6:57 PM
I'll play your stupid game. I'm male.
 NiKo
05-26-2003, 7:01 PM
is it just me, or does this guy have an attitude problem?
 Huz
05-26-2003, 7:19 PM
Perhaps YOU'RE the one with the attitute problem, pal!

On another note, I'll also play your stupid game.
 scabb
05-26-2003, 7:25 PM
I would also like to play the stupid game
 Yufster
05-26-2003, 9:38 PM
I'll be in your game but... not that I am but... let's just say there was uh, a person who was a guy, born a girl, who underwent a sex change operation to make him a man but who was a GAY man.... therefore being sort of like a woman....

What category would he fit into, now?
05-26-2003, 10:18 PM
well, he would go in the "a guy, born a girl, who underwent a sex change operation to make him a man but who was gay" category. take that sit right over there.

btw, lol at scabb
 Das Mole
05-26-2003, 10:23 PM
i can't seem to logout successfully, cause when i do, and i return to the forums index, it logs me back on again. however, i did donate the 750 points to it already, as you can see by my points count.
 Das Mole
05-26-2003, 10:44 PM
if you want to donate credits to join, then donate credits to the username B.O.T.S. Bank, which stands for Battle of the Sexes Bank. since i unfortunately am unable to logout and post with that one to give points updates, just go to the profile:

here it is (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=81382) if it doesn't work, tell me. it might not because there were so many numbers and letters in that thing that i may have messed up somewhere. the 750 points are in there, and the registered people are as follows (as i understand)

MALE
al-back from the big whoop (need donation)
carl shutt

FEMALE
yufster (need donation)

don't know yet which group cause they didn't tell me:
huz
scabb
 Yufster
05-26-2003, 11:26 PM
Screw you. I was only born female. You people should learn to accept the spirit of people, not their psychical form. You bastards.
 Natty
05-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I'll play, someone has to represent the southern hemisphere :) Besides me and Yufster will make a fabulous team :D

When do I donate the credits?
 Gabez
05-27-2003, 1:46 PM
What? Oh, count me in.

I'm male by the way. ¬ ¬
 Yufster
05-27-2003, 3:19 PM
Ohh yeah me and Natty! And we can distract the boys with lesbian shower scenes... with BILL GATES! Oh joy, joy joy! Oh boy oh boy!

How many credits do I need to donate? I'm too lazy to scroll up and read the rules. I once read the Yahoo TOS and ever since I think I've been allergic to anything along the lines of TOS.
 scabb
05-27-2003, 4:05 PM
You mean you can't tell my gender from my manly postings?

Huz is female though.
05-27-2003, 4:41 PM
done

Originally posted by Natty
I'll play, someone has to represent the southern hemisphere :)

i feel slightly ignored

*natty passes by saying hi to every1 but me*

ok, now im mad :mad:

:p ;)
 Joshi
05-27-2003, 4:58 PM
Figs! i don't have 50 points! and all because i decided to be kind one day (yeah, go figure) and donated all my (900+) points to another member!
 Huz
05-27-2003, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by scabb
You mean you can't tell my gender from my manly postings?

Huz is female though.
This is untrue on both counts.

scabb just pretends to be male to avoid all that unwanted attention. Rrrowr.
 pHILBRUSH
05-27-2003, 6:04 PM
I'm In.

what? OH that, yeah, here's your lousy fifty points.

WHAT? Oh, er sorry. Ahem. Male

-pHILBRUSH
 Yufster
05-27-2003, 6:26 PM
Er, whenever I click 'donate points' on Neil I get an 'Error on Page' message. Come to think of it, how do I donate the points to the BOTS bank?
 pHILBRUSH
05-27-2003, 6:33 PM
go to the store and click "donate points to user" then put the name of B.O.T.S. Bank and donate fifty credits. Voualla.

-pHILBRUSH
 Das Mole
05-27-2003, 6:42 PM
if you can't find it, here's a link to the lucasforums store (http://www.lucasforums.com/store.php?s=&action=main). click on donate credits, make sure it is exactly correct: B.O.T.S. Bank it is 50 credits to get in, like philbrush said. make sure to donate the credits before wednesday at 5:00 central time (gmt -6 hours)

neil: if you want, you can donate the 40 or whatever you have right now, and i'll give 10 of my credits to the bank as well. unless that's unfair. then just post 5 more times somewhere, i guess. shouldn't be too hard.

here are the current registered people (if i'm correct):
male
philbrush
carl shutt
al-back from the big whoop
huz
gabez
neil joshi (need donation)

female
yufster
natty
scabb

ok? :D
 Das Mole
05-27-2003, 6:58 PM
who has not yet given credits? i know that three people already have since yesterday, one of them being philbrush. who are the other two? i can't access the bots bank, so could somebody do it for me and see who has done it already? i can't log out. probably some restriction for me so they can make sure i don't make the whole fiasco of not knowing my password and crap.
 Yufster
05-27-2003, 7:29 PM
I did and I'll donate 10 credits to neil so he can pay his
 Joshi
05-27-2003, 7:29 PM
Okay, so here's 42 and i'll pay you 8 when I get it, then it'll be fair (and Huz, don't worry, i'll still pay you back your 14). and i'll also pay anyone else back credits I owe them. Wow, never expected to be in debt :p with virtual credits, it's happening, they're becoming like the real thing, we'll have loan sharks soon enough, can't pay up, then they send over a virus to break your legs (or something)
 B.O.T.S. Bank
05-27-2003, 7:41 PM
ppl who donated already:
pHILBRUSH - 50
Al-back from the BigWhoop - 50
Yufster - 50
Das Mole - 750
this post - 2
TOTAL: 902

btw, AL-b is the man!!! :D :p ;P :D
 Joshi
05-27-2003, 7:43 PM
Figs, I donated 50 to Das Mole, Das, can you donate it through to Bots, or doesn't it matter. anyway, i've donated now, so no need to donate to poor old me anymore. Thanks, all who did, you will be repayed shortly.
 Alia
05-27-2003, 8:39 PM
Count me in....

Oh, by the way, what type of "special things" are we supposed to do? Surely nothing indecent or compromising. :p

BTW, I'm female.
 Yufster
05-27-2003, 9:00 PM
There's nothing I possibly couldn't do...

Maybe we could do searches!!!! Like the first person to find a picture of a pink bunny, or something!
 Das Mole
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
actually, that was a few of things i was planning to do. "find a picture of a gopher in an army suit" or things like that. and there won't be anything indecent. i'll donate your 50 now, neil.

so-here's who is registered on each team.

male:
neil joshi
al-back from the big whoop
carl shutt
huz
philbrush
gabez

female:
natty
yufster
scabb
captain andy (need donation, i think)

there we go! remember, registration ends tomorrow at 5:00 pm central time (gmt -6 hours), or, to make it a little easier for everybody, 11:00pm gmt. i'll just post times in gmt from now on, ok?

i still need 6 more guys and 8 more girls. anyone? anyone? bueller?

hey, 400th post!!! party!!!
:band1 :sheepdanc :sheepdanc :sheepdanc

:D:D:D
05-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by B.O.T.S. Bank
ppl who donated already:
pHILBRUSH - 50
Al-back from the BigWhoop - 50
Yufster - 50
Das Mole - 750
this post - 2
TOTAL: 902
havent checked yet, but i dont think there is need for it, right?
neil - 50
andy - 50
TOTAL: 1002

Originally posted by B.O.T.S. Bank
btw, AL-b is the man!!! :D :p ;P :D

why, thank you, that is very kind :D
 Deadmeat_X
05-28-2003, 6:32 AM
Hmm that would just cost me points and I'm really saving (read: spamming) for a sig...
 Das Mole
05-28-2003, 7:37 PM
important!!!

registration ends in a half hour!!! if you want to play, hurry up! if i don't meet the requirement, then i'll either postpone it or wait for two more girls to sign up and each winner will only get 400, i guess...

come on guys, sign up! anyone? anyone? bueller?

please sign up!!!

another thing i guess i could do is just redistribute the points back to everybody that registered and we just won't play it... unless some more people sign up. where is everybody? i thought i'd have enough people... :(:(:(
 Yufster
05-28-2003, 7:46 PM
Well RemiO and Neil are girls, according to that online test, so maybe they should be on our team? :jester1:
 Das Mole
05-28-2003, 8:23 PM
time has expired!!!

with only 6 guys and 4 girls, i need two more girls to register, we will play with only 6 on each team, i guess.

the rules are now changed

there will be only two winners, two from one side, that each win 600, unless i can recieve 6 more guys and 8 more girls. if this goal is not reached by 11:00 pm GMT on friday, may 30, there will only be 6 people on each side when i recieve two more girls.

this means registration is postponed until 11:00 pm, GMT, on may 30 for those of you that didn't pick up on it in the last sentence.

register!! you won't regret it!!! well, maybe you will. but still register!
 Yufster
05-28-2003, 8:36 PM
I'm gonna whore this idea to a couple of people I know on aim, then.

YufsterChan: wanna play peek and poke?
IHaveAPaddedRoom: o.o?
YufsterChan: I knew it!
YufsterChan: well there's this online...GAME... thingy.
YufsterChan: I was too lazy to read the rules
YufsterChan: I think it has something to do with sex
YufsterChan: We need two more girls
YufsterChan: Wanna be one?
IHaveAPaddedRoom: o.o;
IHaveAPaddedRoom: Um
YufsterChan: Of course, I meant sex as in, gender
IHaveAPaddedRoom: oh.
IHaveAPaddedRoom: Mmk :D
YufsterChan: Naughty minded
YufsterChan: Er
IHaveAPaddedRoom: No, I'm not, I'm just remembering you in OBV.
YufsterChan: Haha. Yeah. OBV.
05-29-2003, 7:51 PM
i know i shouldnt ask, but... wots OBV?
 Yufster
05-29-2003, 8:03 PM
My old chatroom that was shut down. I was mad on it, and everybody loved me. Not like YOU bastards. I mean, uh. Wait. Damn.
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 12:15 PM
registration ended!!! (again, what eltse is new) actually, it ended yesterday, i was just too lazy to post it.

guys, please register.

maybe i'll just call the whole thing off:(
or i could do the first two challenges for the guys, then we could do challenges for both. what do you guys think?
 Yufster
05-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Have a qualifying round!
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 12:51 PM
hmmm... i dunno. you want to do the qualifying round for me?
 Yufster
05-31-2003, 12:57 PM
No. Okay fine. What sort of challenges are they?
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 1:01 PM
uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........i dunno.

actually, well, wait. qualifying round? i'm just confused today.

maybe i'll do it. i don't know. just, whatever. i'm confused. somebody help meeeee!!!!!!!!!!
 Yufster
05-31-2003, 1:08 PM
Well you either need more females or less males, so i vote that
since there's only four females, there needs to be a qualifying round to knock out all the surplus males.
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 1:49 PM
but then there'd only be 4 guys. well, whatever. ok. we could do something where the guys have to answer some questions or something and the two with the lowest scores get bumped off...

ok. i got the questions. here we go. there's twenty-five of them and the answers are due by monday at 11:00 gmt. or should we make it at 11:00 gmt tomorrow? we'll do monday. ok, here they are:

absolute trivia

1)what entree do spaniards call chuleta de cerdo- a ham steak, a pork chop, or a t-bone steak?

2)what german tennis star hada slippery sea snail named after him in 2000?

3)what sport features the fastest-moving ball?

4)what 1999 film was shot under the working title "the black hills project"?

5)what russian leader lost two fingers as a youth when the grenade he was playing with blew up?

6)who is depicted in a wheelchair, in a life-size statue unveiled in washington, d.c. in 2001?

7)what does a pluviometer measure?

8)what insect can weigh as much as a mcdonald's quarter pounder?

9)who complained, after steffi graf pulled out of their wimbledon mixed doubles match: "it was like my first marriage. i was the last to know"?

10) what FOX tv special gave darva conger her 15 minutes of fame and a groom with a shady past?

more absolute trivia

11)what river flows above the holland tunnel?

12)how much monopoly money do you collect for finishing second in a beauty contest?

13)what governement position is held by the resident of 11 downing street, london?

14)what was odysseus called by the romans?

15)what ship sank the british battleship hood?

16)what country's people stand up for the anthem the reign of our emperor?

17)which of the five senses are you most likely to lose if struck by lightning?

18)what emperor was known as the lion of judah?

19)what was the first book set in type?

20)who was the first woman to fly solo across the atlantic?

movies!!!

21)what was the supposed destination of the space mission in capricorn one?

22)what was the family motto in sometimes a great notion?

23)who played emiliano zapata, marc antony, and napoleon?

24)what made popeye strong before spinach?

25)what comedian did dustin hoffman portray in a 1967 film?
 Yufster
05-31-2003, 2:09 PM
Damn, I'm glad I'm not male. Anyway they could look answers up on the internet. Noooo. It needs to be more.... spontaneous. We need to all meet in a chatroom or, or something.
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 2:16 PM
we could buy a hotel room and have everybody come in that's on the male side. or can you only have one person?
 Das Mole
05-31-2003, 4:57 PM
girls- if you want to answer these questions, you can. it will help you when we start the game. however many you answer correctly, you will get that many points added to your score x3, same with the guys. so girls- answer these questions by pming me, they'll help you out.
Page: 1 of 2