Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Matrix Reloaded "chateau"

Page: 1 of 1
 Mix_Master2k
05-20-2003, 2:44 AM
well, i was inspired what can i say. I think its coming along, what do you think? Thats all you get, but in the map there will be more :D

http://www25.brinkster.com/mixomni/reloaded.jpg)

-Mix Master

P.S. after clicking URL, put a "?" mark after the adress in your adress bar
 Wudan
05-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Looks cool. Change the lighting to a little bit yellow-er, and I think you see the archi spots that don't match up, but it's looks pretty cool. I'd perhaps make it a little bigger though, but it's cool.

Also, it might help if you turn off lightmap compression. I beleive the console command is "r_ext_compress_lightmaps 0", after which you'll need to do a vid_restart, but it'll fix up the crappy lightmap rendering of JK2mp.
 Eldritch
05-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I would also fix the awful looking weapon sprites on the wall. Create some yourself, or blend them in a bit better with the lighting... because they look very out of place right now.
 Anakin
05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Looks like its a little flat, but looking good so far :)
 Mix_Master2k
05-20-2003, 8:49 PM
i made the weapons texure transpaerent cuz i cant find any sowrd/shield models, asnd dont know how to model. And right after i posted i noticed the lighting. :)
 Eldritch
05-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, you can create simple models in Radiant using patches and vertex editing. There's nothing to complicated there, so just get friendly with the Vertex tool. :D
 Wudan
05-21-2003, 1:14 PM
That would get tought to do and costly on the renderer. Make them in GTKRadiant and then export to ASE format using Q3Map2, then you can load them in as models, and rotate them without the 'brush masterpeice' problems, and they get passed to the renderer in one pass, unlike brush faces.
 Altus_Thrawn
05-25-2003, 8:26 AM
Wudan, you know to much about this stuff.

The map looks very good, but it should be more yellow.
 Crazy_Ivan
05-27-2003, 1:08 AM
I would really appreciate the map if it were as detailed as the Matrix Subway station...if not more. Now I know that might be hard to do....but with time, your map will look just like the chateau in the movie did.
 Zappa_0
06-04-2003, 1:40 AM
Wow....your gonna make alot of Matrix Fans really really happy with this map! :D
 boinga1
06-04-2003, 1:48 PM
Looks good...if you're going to do more of it...and have access to the Enter the Matrix game, I suggest you use it for some reference....
 nucular_jedi_14
06-04-2003, 5:46 PM
you should make the lighting a bit more yellowish, that would fix all I see except for the arangement of the weapons on the wall.
Besides that, great job :D

NuKe OuT!
 The Cheat
06-23-2003, 10:50 PM
this looks great, isnt there anohter chateau from the matrix being made for jedi outcast though?
Page: 1 of 1