Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will They make different Multiplayer Matches?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ewok14
07-30-2001, 8:17 PM
I was wondering if they would do multiplayer modes like in AoK
as in Regicide you have Boss Nass as the King of the gungans and the Emporor or vader for the empire
 Paragon_Leon
07-30-2001, 8:19 PM
sounds like they would really miss out on an opportunity if they didn't..

i think they'll incorporate pretty much every single play-mode from AOK.
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 9:43 PM
I would hope so, that's what thius game needs, good multiplayer.
 Paragon_Leon
07-31-2001, 6:52 AM
and good multiplayer is what it'll get.
Lucasarts may have made a few mistakes in the past, but they'll go all the way with GB.

These forums can only exist if they go all-out on multi-player.
 Khabarakh
07-31-2001, 9:50 AM
Yes it MUST have a good multi-player!!!! But I dont want them relegating single player to the back ground either!!There is some times when i just want to kick some computer butt real fast..lol:D
AOK was a good multi-player and single-player game,but the computer was to easy to defeat...:mad:
 Paragon_Leon
07-31-2001, 10:00 AM
yeah, that's right.. computer AI was too easy. they fixed that a bit with the Expansion Pack, but I still had the feeling the computer wasn't as vigilant as it should be. it would be nice if Lucasarts would tweak the AI a bit more to allow for harder computer-standards..
once you had survived the first rush, you basically were set. that should be different..
 Kuma
07-31-2001, 10:12 AM
I expect about hte same than with the AoE series good solid SP and great fun MP
 Tie Guy
07-31-2001, 10:43 AM
One can only hope, but i don't think they'll let us down, not this time.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 10:06 AM
they won't...
with Force Commander, a lot was kept quiet.
here you really are kept up-to-date and you can see the progress a lot better. and it just keeps looking better and better..

and what's more... this time we KNOW the engine hands-on..
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 5:37 PM
Yeah, but at least they put out a unit list for FoCom, now they just ned one for GB.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 5:44 PM
yeah, i asked about that in another thread.
i think they'll do that when they have reached Beta-stage
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 7:38 PM
I think they have, some guy on here was a beta tester, so i guess that means they have the beta ready, or at least partially ready.
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 7:47 AM
i know they are at Alpha-stage about now... after that comes beta. and that should take a couple of weeks too. so we can expect Beta (and lots more info on both SP and MP) at that time.
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 12:44 PM
Like i said, some guy here has already tested this game, so i think it is a little past alpha, if not already beta. Anyways, i think that they are just hoarding all the info so that they can hold leverage over us and keep us wanting more and more.
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 12:46 PM
But when will the unleash this tide of info? :confused:
Page: 1 of 1